Monday, November 9, 2009

Social media and books and newspapers, oh my!

I'm Ellie, a public relations major and international relations minor. I'll be discussing the use of social media in the world of print publications--including but not limited to books, newspapers, and magazines. It may also involve book reviews and recommendations, and links to interesting articles, since I'm constantly reading. In fact, here's my current rundown (and yes, that's actually my nightstand):

-Postwar: A History of Europe Since 1945 by Tony Judt (for a class)
-The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan (finally getting around to it)
-Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith (started as my lake book, but haven't finished it)
-The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett (the inaugural family book club selection)




the bottom three are on the read next list--well, this week, anyway (The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston & Mario Spezi; Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin; First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde)

No comments:

Post a Comment